Is your Christian practice pouring out in love for God or is it creating resounding noise in His ears?
You may be catching the backsliding flu or your love for God may be a burning flame. Wherever you stand, the problem of lukewarmness and backsliding is as serious for today’s Christian as it was for believers of the New Testament churches. As Jesus predicted, people’s love for God and godly living has grown cold.
In this book, Okyere Asante echoes Paul’s warning in 1 Corinthians 10:12—“So if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!”—and invite you to examine your love life by reflecting on the question, Are you waxing cold?
This book serves as a useful material for bible/discipleship classes in churches and Christian fellowships. As an individual, you will find this book useful in helping you
- evaluate your love life in critical areas of Christian practice
- learn how the problem of lukewarmness and backsliding begins from the heart
- recognize the seeming harmless practices that makes you grow cold towards God
- guard against waxing cold towards God as a growing Christian
- take a bold step towards getting near to God if you have drawn farther from Him
- find practical guide to aid you in growing in Christ and enjoying your fellowship in the Lord
- understand the basics of Christian practice and clear any misconceptions in relation to them
- overcome the problem of lukewarmness and backsliding in your life
There is no doubt that this book will be extremely useful to you if
- you are struggling to find your feet in Christ
- you desire to strengthen your relationship with the Lord
- you desire to help others grow in the Lord
- your relationship or dating life is affecting your walk with God
- you feel that God is so far away from you
For orders, contact 0546134586 or email kwadwoasante1[at]gmail.com
Hi, I’m Michael and for the past decade I have been involved in the ministry of teaching, counselling, mentoring and discipling young people. My work has led me to reach out to thousands of non-Christian and Christian youth in Ghana. As a youth leader, I have helped some congregations and parachurch organisations develop mentoring and discipleship programmes for young people.
In working with the youth, my goal is to help them make the right decisions and choices in life, while focusing on the most important occupation of man—to glorify God.
“Michael’s book is one of the most biblically balanced popular books on Christian spirituality that I have read in several years…The topics in this volume are critical to Christian life and even ministry and so the book could serve as basic teaching material for new Christians and mature candidates for Baptism and Confirmation in our denominations. It will also serve the needs of new Christians working to find their feet in Christ.”—Rev. Prof. J. Kwabena Asamoah-Gyadu, Baeta-Grau Professor of African Christianity and Pentecostal Theology, Trinity Theological Seminary, Legon and Author, Sighs and Signs of the Spirit: Ghanaian Perspectives on Pentecostalism and Renewal in Africa (Oxford: Regnum Books International, 2015)